All international students in attendance at Memorial are required to have our health insurance plan.
When you arrive in Corner Brook, you must meet with Shanda Williams in AS234B to register for your health insurance. If you have any questions about your health insurance, please contact us.
Please note that other insurance that you purchase either at home or after you come to Canada will not be accepted as adequate coverage. Please see below for regulations regarding exemptions.
You are required to have our insurance if:
- You are a registered international student
You are eligible to opt out from our insurance plan if:
- You are a permanent resident or landed immigrant and have MCP (Newfoundland provincial medical coverage)
- You are studying outside of Canada in either your home country or the USA
- You are sponsored by one of the following groups who provide me with insurance: USC, CIDA, CBIE, or Canadian Commonwealth scholarship
- You are a refugee claimant and covered under the Federal Government
- You have a valid MCP card and proof of supplementary Canadian coverage
- You are a full time graduate student with MCP
Note: You will not automatically be exempt. Before the end of the first two weeks of classes, you must complete a Waiver and provide the necessary proof to Shanda Williams in Student Services AS234B.