Housing Search Assistance
Staff familiar with the Corner Brook area can help determine your needs and identify potential rental options. If you require assistance in locating off-campus accommodations, the Off-Campus Housing staff are more than willing to assist you in your search.
Choosing a place to live while you are studying at Grenfell Campus may be one of the most important decisions you will make. Neglecting to ask important questions when selecting accommodations can lead to disappointments and misunderstandings. OCH staff can advise you on landlord and tenant responsibilities, roommate concerns, and any other issues related to living off campus. Please contact Grenfell's Off-Campus Housing Coordinator for more information.
Take some time to find the most suitable accommodations for you. Do not commit yourself to the first apartment or boarding home that you contact. Also, it's a good idea to view the rental property and meet the landlord before making a final decision.
Here are some things to consider and some questions you may wish to ask before making a final decision about accommodations:
- How much is rent?
- Is the apartment furnished or unfurnished?
- Are facilities or appliances provided (laundry, fridge, etc.)?
- Are utilities included in the cost of rent? If not, is billing information available?
- Am I required to sign a lease? How long is the lease and are there any additional requirements or restrictions?
- Is the property within walking distance of the University, or on the city bus route?
For Boarding Houses:
- Will I have my own room and key?
- Will all meals be available? If so, must I cook my own or will they be prepared?
- Can I stay during the weekends? If so, will there be an extra charge?
- What types of facilities are available for personal use (laundry, kitchen, etc.)?
- Are there any specific house rules (visitors, drinking and smoking policies)?
- Are phone, television, and computer services available for personal use?
- Is the rental property within walking distance of the University, or on the city bus route?
For more information or to request assistance, please contact us.