Fisher Children’s Centre is located at the College of the North Atlantic, Corner Brook Campus. The Centre operates as a full-time demonstration facility for students in the Early Childhood Education program and as a daycare Centre providing programs to infants, toddlers and preschool children and parents. Children of Grenfell Campus students are eligible to apply for spaces in the Fisher Children’s Center. The Centre is licensed under the Child Care Service Act and Regulations 2005.
Hours of Operation
The Daycare Centre is open from 8:00a.m. To 4:45p.m Monday through Friday.
- Infant Room: 6 Infant spaces for children between 6 months-24months.
- Toddler Room: 10 Toddler spaces for children between 24 months- 36months.
- Preschool Room: 16 Preschool spaces for children between 36months -60 months. Kindergarten children will be accepted if there is remaining spaces available.
- There is a waiting list. If you are planning to attend a Provincial Post- Secondary Institution and need childcare, please contact the Centre for the number spaces available. If you wish you may add your child’s name to our waiting list.
- Children can be enrolled for five full days, or on a part-time basis where space permits and depending on the program enrolled.
- Fees are set by the College Board of Governors and are subject to change without notice. Please contact the centre for fees.
Children’s Program Offers
Creative Art Activities
||Play Dough / Clay
||Music Dramatic Play|
||Sand/ Water Play
||Nutritious Snacks / Hot daily lunch
The Manager and Early Childhood Educators at the Centre all have a 2 year diploma in Early Childhood Education with many years of experience.
For more information contact (709) 637-8573
Manager, Fisher Children’s Centre
College of the North Atlantic
P.O. Box 822
Corner Brook, NL