The #1 reason students drop out of college/university is a lack of career focus.
- Even if they do stay in college, students who lack focus end up spending more time and money to earn a degree.
- Most of the time, the degree they end of getting, is not relevant to their interests and strengths.
Because of that...
Without a career focus….most of Canada’s youth today are likely to experience:
- an average of 17 employment transitions in their working lifetime
- a variety of occupations in up to 5 different sectors of the economy
- a variety of concurrent work roles (multi-tasking)
- planned and unplanned gaps of no work
Source: Canadian Career Resource Network 2010
If you have a career focus….you will increase your chances of:
- finding a career you love
- finding a job you are good at
- finishing school quicker (4 yrs instead of 5 or 6 or 7, etc)
- saving $20,000 + in educational costs
- finding a job after graduation
Career Cruising is an interactive career planning resource that provides the information you need to make the right career choice. Resources include: occupational and career options, work environments, salary ranges, necessary skill sets, employment guides, career assessment tools, portfolio development, and more to help you in your career decision making.
Find the Right Career
- Find careers that match your interests and skills using Career Matchmaker
- Explore 1000’s of detailed careers
- Get the inside story on careers by checking out multi-media interviews with real people
Explore Educational Paths
- Plan your future using Career Cruising's guide to colleges and universities that offer the programs supporting the careers you have identified based on your interests
Career Cruising is available on the web. To access this program from any internet connected computer go to: CareerCrusing.com
Email the Career Specialist at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Career Services to request password request the Grenfell username and password to access account.
Want to learn how to use the program to its fullest? Book an appointment with the Career Specialist to guide you through it.