The Learning Centre is offering first year students the opportunity to participate in our Steps To Success Program. The goal of the program is to make students more aware and proficient in the academic and learning skills needed to be successful university students.
It will begin with a two-day Learning Boot Camp that will run on January 11 & 12, from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM each day. It will feature sessions on such topics as:
- How to manage the transition from high school to university
- How to develop effective study habits and skills related to note taking, exam preparation, and test taking
- Time and stress management skills
- Strategies for personal success
- Ways to get involved on campus
- Available campus resources
Following the Learning Boot Camp, participating students will be paired with a senior Student Mentor who will assist the student participant as he/she navigates through the first semester. The assistance will be provided in the form of study sessions and individual weekly contact.
To register, please complete the following Registration Form and submit it to Student Services. It can be submitted by fax, e-mail, or in-person.
Registration Form - Steps To Success.docx
You can also submit the registration form online by clicking here.