Steps To Success: Learning Boot Camp & Student Mentoring Program - Winter 2015
The Learning Centre is offering students the opportunity to participate in our Steps To Success Program. The goal of the program is to make students more aware and proficient in the academic and learning skills needed to be successful university students.
It will begin with the Learning Boot Camp in January (tentatively scheduled for January 10th, 2015). It will feature sessions on such topics as:
- How to manage the transition from high school to university
- How to develop effective study habits and skills related to note taking, exam preparation, and test taking
- Time and stress management skills
- Strategies for personal success
- Ways to get involved on campus
- Available campus resources
Following the Learning Boot Camp, participating students will be paired with a senior Student Mentor who will assist the student participant as he/she navigates through the first semester. The assistance will be provided in the form of study sessions and individual weekly contact.
To register, please click on the link below and fill out the online registration form.
AS235 – Grenfell Campus, Memorial University of Newfoundland
20 University Avenue
Corner Brook, Newfoundland, CANADA
September - May: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
June - August: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Evenings and weekends as required