Show your love for your MUN Campus by entering the I ♥ MUNdays Instagram contest. You could win a great cash prize!
Entry Method & Qualifications
Photo Credit: Michael Coyne
The I ♥ MUNdays Instagram contest is open to faculty, staff, registered students, and alumni of all MUN campuses. To participate, upload a photo to Instagram that demonstrates your love for MUN. Photos should be unique, and display creativity and MUNdays/I ♥ Grenfell spirit!
All photos must include:
- One of MUN’s four campuses and/or,
- MUN/Grenfell Campus paraphernalia, including:
- the I ♥ MUNdays printable pdf
- paraphernalia including MUN/Grenfell Campus and MUNdays/I ♥ Grenfell branded items (clothing, bookbags, etc), and
- Memorial documents (degrees, diplomas, scholarships, awards, etc).
- The hashtags: #MUNdays2014 and #ilovegrenfell
- Follow @MemorialUniversity and @grenfellcampus
It’s easy to show us how much you love your university, but remember to be creative. Submission ideas include:
- Your favourite place on campus
- Residence life
- Objects or locations that remind you of your MUN experience
- Your area of study summed up in a photo
- MUNdays/I ♥ Grenfell logo displayed at campus
- A MUN or MUNdays event
- You and a campus mascot
- What you believe makes your campus unique
- How MUN and MUN’s campuses inspire you
- Showing off your MUN spirit
In addition to the mentioned ideas, you can download and display the I ♥ MUNdays photo in any or all of your submissions.
The Instagram contest opened for submissions on Monday, Sept. 15.
Photos will be open for voting on Friday, Oct. 10.
Winners will be announced on Friday, Oct. 31.
All photos will be shared on the I ♥ MUNdays Facebook page for viewing and voting. Don’t have Instagram? Email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org by Oct. 28 and we will upload it to the @MemorialUniversity Instagram account and I ♥ MUNdays Facebook page for inclusion in the contest.
Remember to like the I ♥ MUNdays Facebook page to vote for and monitor your submissions progress!
Photo Credit: Michael Coyne
The I ♥ MUN Instagram contest will award six people for their winning photos:
- Two $500 prizes will be awarded to the top two photos. One photo will be determined by the most “votes” on the I ♥ MUNdays Facebook page. A panel of judges will determine the other winner. Each campus - Grenfell, Marine Institute and St. John’s – will have a representative on this panel.
- Two $250-prizes will be awarded to the two runner-up photos selected in the same manner.
- Two $100-prizes will be awarded to the two third-place photos selected in the same manner.
Violations, Terms and Conditions
The following conduct is deemed inappropriate and will result in an automatic disqualification (of all parties involved) from the I ♥ MUNdays Instagram contest:
- Engaging in alcohol or drug abuse.
- Acts of nudity.
- Using or possessing firearms, explosives explosive devices, other weapons and/or dangerous chemicals.
- Engaging in comments or conduct that should be reasonably believed as inappropriate and unwelcome, and is directed at one of more specific individuals. Basis of comments includes, but is not limited to topics of: race, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, age, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, handicap or family status.
- Expression of language that is reasonably believed to be profane or offensive.
- Engaging in sexually suggestive acts.
- Assaulting another person. This includes damage to a person’s belongings, endangering the health or safety of another person, physical assault of any kind, as well as sexual assault of any kind.
- Defacing or causing damage to any property, be it public or private.
- Engaging in any act known to be a violation of the law.
- Copy written images of which the rights are not owned by the submitting party.
- Any other violation of the Code of Student Conduct. This can be viewed here.
Terms and Conditions
By sharing your photo with the #MUNdays2014 or stream, the @MemorialU Instagram account or through email, you agree that you own the rights to the image and that your friends in the photo have agreed to help make you famous! When you submit the photo you are granting Memorial University the nonexclusive, transferable, perpetual right and license to use your photo on Memorial’s Instagram accounts and all other Memorial social media sites, Memorial websites, Memorial printed marketing materials and other promotional vehicles.
Any photo submitted using the #MUNdays2014 hashtag, shared with @MemorialUniversity and Facebook or submitted by email may be chosen for use in Memorial’s current and or future advertising campaigns. Memorial University’s Division of Marketing and Communications will contact the owners of the selected photos to arrange permission for use. Photographers will be encourage to follow @ilovemundays Twitter account or identify Twitter handles already following @ilovemundays for direct messaging. Other contact arrangements will be made when necessary.