Some tips to keep this in mind this Winter when walking to and from Grenfell Campus:
- Watch for slippery surfaces created by water or ice buildup.
- Make note of rapid temperature changes, warm to cold, when icy conditions usually develop.
- Stick to maintained walkways. Avoid shortcuts.
- Wear footwear with good traction.
- Don't hurry across walks or parking lots. Slow down and walk carefully.
- Use hand rails if they are available.
- Report any hazardous conditions in building corridors, exterior walking surfaces, or overhead areas.