The college has an extensive arrary of audio and video equipment available for short term sign out at our Help Desk. Please note that academic use will take precedence over general/public use.
- VCRs & DvDs
- Portable Screens
- Multimedia carts
- Digital cameras
- Digital video cameras
There will be no charge to faculty, staff, and students using this equipment for academic purposes. Students are able to book equipment with written permission from their faculty member.
Equipment must be booked through the Helpdesk and individuals are responsible for picking up and returning equipment.
The public at large may use this equipment for a fee. For equipment rental information please contact the Help Desk . All rentals are subject to availability. A technician will contact you shortly after to confirm your booking and provide you with a quote. Quotes are subject to change as events unfold and request are altered. Damaged / stolen items will be charged back at replacement costs.
Who Will Get Charged:
Anyone other than faculty,staff, or registered students using the equipment for an academic purpose, or running of a college department. This would include but not be limited to:
- Any faculty, staff. student that wish to use the equipment for non-academic purposes, ie. personal, business, events, and conferences to which they are affiliated.
- Any division of Grenfell, for purposes other than academic, or the running of their department. i.e. conference services requiring to provide for outside groups, community education requiring to provide for courses they offer, residience requiring for outside fundraisers, etc. Any affiliate of Grenfell, for purposes other than academic, i.e. Pepsi Center, IBES, CEE, GCSU etc.
- Any outside agency, person, group.
- Any agency, group from the main campus of MUN other than for academic purposes.
Video Capture and Editing Equipment
Currently we have two multimedia computers in the library with the following:
- Dell Precision 390
- Intel Core 2 Duo 6400 (2.13 GHz)
- 2 GB RAM
- 250 GB RAID
- ATI FireGL V3400 Video Card
- ATI TV Wonder 650 Capture Card
- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi
- DVD Burner
- DVD ROM
- HP ScanJet 7650 Document and Flatbed Scanner
- Nero Burning ROM
- Adobe Creative Suite 2
- Adobe Premiere Pro
We have one multimedia computer in AS363 that has all of the above hardware/software plus:
- Nikon CoolScan V ED Slide Scanner
If you would like to use these computers, please call the Helpdesk at 639-2049 or e-mail: email@example.com
The MAC Lab contains the following software:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Final Cut Express HD
- Adobe Illustrator
- iLife suite '06 (including iMovie and iDVD)
Image Capture, Enhancement and Storage Equipment
Located in AS363, we have 1 machine for photo editing. This machine contains:
- Slide Scanner
- Flat Bed Scanner
- Digital Camera Card Reader (Reads the following types: MS/MS Pro, cF/MD, SD/MMC, xD/SM)
- DVD Burner for storage
The MAC Lab also contains a flatbed scanner, slide scanner and has Adobe Photoshop for photo editing.
Most of our classrooms are equipped with multimedia equipment. This includes:
- Computer with network/internet access
- Data Projection Unit
- Intergrated Sound System
- Overhead projector and/or document camera
The following rooms are multimedia rooms:
: All classrooms have Overhead Projectors in them.
Currently C & C has two multimedia carts available to be booked out.
These carts contain:
Computer with Speakers, Video Projection Unit, Wired Internet, and Standard Software