Admission to the Intensive English Bridge Program
Candidates for the Intensive English Bridge Program must:
- have been provisionally accepted to undergraduate studies at Memorial University of Newfoundland;
- have achieved an average of Band 40 in the CAEL with a writing score of at least 40, an iBT TOEFL score of 56, with a minimum writing sub-score of 16, or an IELTS score of 5.5 with no sub-score less than 5 and a minimum writing score of 5.5
- be 18 years of age or older by the program starting date
How to Apply
Steps to Study in the Intensive English Bridge Program at Grenfell Campus
- Please apply early. Admission cannot be guaranteed.
- Students are responsible for arranging visas to study in Canada. Allow 2-4 months to obtain any required visas.
- A deposit of $400.00 must be received four weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Apply for admission to a program at Memorial University. See http://www.mun.ca/become/undergrad/admissions/apply/
for instructions. For programs at Grenfell Campus, be sure to specify Grenfell Campus as your campus of choice.
In the English Proficiency section of the undergraduate application, be sure to check "Yes" in response to the question "Do you plan to enroll in Memorial University's Intensive English Program?"
Don't forget to submit all documentation required for your specific application (e.g. official transcripts) as well as the undergraduate application fee.
Apply to the Intensive English Bridge Program at Grenfell. You can apply at the same time as applying for Memorial University (Step 1).
Submitting the IEBP-G application
Print out the Intensive English Bridge Program at Grenfell (PDF) application
, complete it and send it:
- by regular mail to:
English as a Second Language Programs
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Grenfell Campus, Corner Brook, NL
Canada, A2H 5G4
- by fax: 1(709)639-8125
With your application, include:
- an official copy of your IELTS, CAEL or TOEFL score. Institutional TOEFL scores are not acceptable
- payment information for the application fee of $100 (acceptable methods of payment are international money order, certified cheque, wire transfer or credit card)
The application fee will be refunded only if it is not possible to accept a student into the program.
Apply for on-campus housing at: http://www.grenfell.mun.ca/student-services/housing/Pages/forms.aspx
. Don’t forget to pay the housing application fee of $20. This must be received within two weeks of your application.
Review services for international students available at:
For pre-departure and arrival information for international students at Grenfell, contact:
Any questions? Contact: